Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Carly is a Rising Star!

Carly is trying to cheer me up since I have been
feeling so awful... she's reading her old Junie B
Jones Journal. She just pulled it out tonight to
cheer us both up since I have been in pain and she was
so sick all night last night....we were reading it and
I just wanted to share this w/ you!
We are cracking up...here is a poem she wrote

The Food I love best is cheese sticks
when I grow up I am going to eat weiner sausages for
breakfast lunch and dinner
here is a poem about my favorite food... it's called
I LOVE CHEESESTICKS
by Carly

Roses are red
Violets are purple
I love Cheesesticks
and so does my Mom

Even though laughter caused the pains to become a little sharper, I made her read it over and over b/c it was making me cry so hard from laughter.....my favorite feeling in the world X2 since I was with one of my most favorite people!

Anyway, On to what is going on. A while ago I fell walking the dogs. I may have blogged about it but can't remember now. I broke my left ankle and sprained the right. In the very beginning of this month I started to notice some pains in my neck and arm on the right side. This past 10 days have been unbearable. I had a scheduled appointment to see my oncologist for my 3 month check up and I was so worried b/c of how freaky fast the symptoms got worse, and b/c of the symptoms themselves. my right hand is numb, my whole right arm hurts and the pain radiates from my neck down to the bottom of my back now, on the right side. I was thinking the worst....I guess this comes from being told the worst (Cancer) on 3 different occasions. I thought it could be MS, Bone Cancer...a blood clot (which I have had problems with in the past). My Oncologist prescribed me Oxycodone....which has since ceased to be of any help, and a prednisone pack (YUCK!) I had an MRI done, and I have to see a Neuro Surgeon on Friday. Please wish me luck. I am scared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Maggie. We are all thinking about you guys (and tell Carly she is quite the poet . . . chessesticks are beautiful things ;-)

anessa arehart said...

Gosh Maggie---I hate hearing that.
I will be sure to say a little prayer that the docs can get you fixed up good on Friday.
Sending healing vibes your way.

Mags said...

I love you all so much. Thank you so much for caring/praying/sending good health vibes. I have to have surgery...i am scared