Sunday, January 15, 2006

Broken

I feel broken.
I walked the dogs on Thursday after I got home from being at the Hospital with my Aunt. This was the first day since Christmas that I have felt well, and I spent it in the hospital....ironic? Nah, it was ok....I was happy to be there for my Aunt. So anyway, I am walking the dogs, and I fell. After I realized what happened to me, I tried to figure out how to get up. I got up on my feet in Great pain and hobbled across the street. I screamed Carly's name as loud as I could in the condition I was in. She was in the house doing her homework, about 4 houses away. Luckily she heard me, and ran to me. I leaned on her for support crying the whole way home. I got to my outside steps and sat down and cried. Carly called my parents and they got to me in about 3 minutes. They tried to help me hop up the steps, but my ankles weren't having that. I crawled up on my hurt knee and groaned,moaned and cried my way up the steps, I crawled to the couch and somehow got up to it. We called Seth who was on his way home from work and told him to get home as fast as he could... When he came home, he told me that we could go to the hospital the hard way or the easy way, but I basically had no choice. My Left ankle had already swollen to the size of a tangerine. I was in such pain. We called 911 and Seth rode in the ambulance (NO LIGHTS NO SIREN...Per my request)...or should I say demand??? hmm.... : )
When we got there I waited what seemed like forever for x-rays pain management etc...
Turns out I have a sprained right ankle and a broken left ankle. My right foot gets worse and worse each day and we think that I may have broken a bone in my foot as well. I have air casts on both ankles, was given crutches and a script for a wheel chair. I am in pain every minute, and will see the orthopedic Dr. tomorrow.
Will I ever be OK???? Will I ever be normal???? And will I ever get Lucky??? argh!!!! I want to scream!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah geez - that's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that happened. Try to hang in there (and take full advantage of everyone waiting on you ;-) Hope you get feeling better soon - Carrick

anessa arehart said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!
I am sooooooo sorry to hear about your fall!

You poor thing---- I'm sending get well wishes your way.

Take care.