Saturday, February 10, 2007

Being a Mom is TOUGH

Carly called me to let me know that after I deleted her myspace account her friend had created her a new one and that she gets on it while she is at her Dad's every other weekend. I couldn't believe it. I had to delete her first one b/c , now get this, an 11 yr. old from her class was leaving messages like you are a SLUT and a Whore.....what the fuck???? They are 11!
Anyway she called to say that her dad saw her getting on and she lied to him and told him that it was her friends' account. He wanted her to pull it up for him and she told him it was her friend's and she didn't know the password. He's not too bright, which I assume is why he didn't say, well just pull it up for me the way you just had it up....oh well. She called to beg me to delete it before her dad saw it again. She said that she knew what she was doing was wrong b/c she was shaking so bad when she signed on.......
It's so hard to punish her b/c I feel as if I have done enough damage to her. She has been w/o a mom that is there for all the school functions...a mom that she had to wear a mask to be around, a mom that to just be able to look at while talking to she had to stand in the window on the porch looking in as I sat on the other side looking out -me on the phone her on a cell, a mom that she had to visit in a hospital.....A mom as far back as her mind can reach has always been sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's lucky to have you for a mom! (and lucky that you didn't ring her neck about the 2nd my space page ;-)
C

anessa arehart said...

Ditto from me!!!!
PS: Tell Seth happy belated b-day.
: )

Mags said...

ya'll are nice! Thanks