Thursday, June 28, 2007

Grape Nuts??



Grape-Nuts

One of the first ready-to-eat cereal products ever made available to the public, Grape-Nuts was first introduced in 1897. Made of wheat and malted barley, Grape-Nuts was so named because its inventor, Charles William Post, said that grape sugar was formed during the baking process and described the cereal as having a nutty flavor. Post was a pioneer in introducing and making popular cereal, a food product that today has become a standard breakfast staple.


I hate grapenuts....
I remember seeing a commercial for them when I was little...and thinking I love Grapes, and I love NUTS...
MOMMY PLEASE BUY ME GRAPENUTS...I LOVE THEM! I REALLY REALLY LOVE THEM.
She bought them fixed me a bowl, and I was all "WHAT THE HECK?" Where are the grapes? Where are the nuts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big grapenuts fan -but I LOVE the grapenuts trail mix cereal. Yummy!
-C

Seth said...

I have heard this story so many times, and it always make me laugh. I can so see you doing this, and being so real and honest to your mom, that she would have to buy them for you.

Seth

Itchy Fingers said...

I eat these so much I should buy stock. Seriously, when Sam's Club is out of the 5 lb. box--I'm pissed! I like brussel sprouts, too...