Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A MILLION LITTLE PIECES

GET OVER IT!!!! So the book wasn't all true, it was still a great book nonetheless.
I happened to get my hands on it before it was on Oprah as one of her books of the month.
I LOVED IT! I guess I am a little disappointed, but still if this guy really had an addiction and had to stay in rehab, and has sobered up and made something of himself, what do we care if he fabricated bits of his story? I feel for him. I just wish people would get off his back! If I were him, I would probably turn back to drugs, to get away from all of this scrutiny and escape this cruel world as was probably the reason he turned to drugs in the first place.
If you read it and still feel duped just imagine it was a fiction book. Isn't that the reason for reading anyway? To get out of your corner of the world and be transported to someone else's?
I think it took tremendous courage to tell his tale, and I applaud James Frey for that.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Amen sister, I wish everyone would just get over it - I loved the book ... lies and all!