Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I MADE IT THROUGH THE RAIN

So it is 12:35am and I made it through what Good Morning America and My Local News Channel said was the Most Depressing day of the year, January 24.
What was the point in telling people that? What was the point of over-sensationalizing it? It was actually a lead to get me to watch the news.
Today was a little depressing as I watched Oprah and it turns out We are facing a Pan Demic called the Bird Flu and we are all doing to die. And the symptoms will be so much worse than the regular Flu. Seth laughs at me. But I am seriously worried. What if Oprah and this Dr/Scientist/Psychic man are right? What if it is just like how we were warned that the Levee's needed to be built stronger in New Orleans? We were told that some day there would be a huge storm maybe a category 4 or 5 and that they would break and there would be a great flood.
They said NOONE was listening, and we would all be taken by surprise by the terrible Bird Flu. O brought up a great point. Maybe we don't listen b/c the same ammount of urgency they place on needing to know that we are all going to die (40 seconds of news time) Is also given to the break up of Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt or that Angelina's adopted children now have the last name Jolie-Pitt, or Whatever...it just sucks. I hate the news, so I gave it up for Lent last year, and haven't really watched. It is depressing, but then I go out and Seth and everyone else is talking about did you hear this? Did you hear that? I didn't hear it, and I feel like, I should KNOW THAT! I can't win for losing...I hate that saying.

No comments: